2012 Engineers Week, February 19-25
Welcome to the Engineers Week Easy Activities Guide!
The National Engineers Week Foundation and its coalition strive to be the global leader in cultivating and celebrating the engineering profession. The cornerstone program is Engineers Week.
Get involved by reaching out to current and future generations of engineering talent during this week-long celebration. Here are some helpful resources to help you plan easy outreach activity to do during Engineers Week and beyond.
- Check out Eweek Discover ‘E’! They have PDF experiments such as Zoom Into Engineering activities, grade-level-organized activities and 2009-focused activites.
- Check out Design Squad! They have lots of advice and hands-on experiment details.
- Want a complete experiment kit with everything you'll need for four students in one box? Try one of the 21 Agilent AfterSchool Kits.
- Dig deeper with activities organized by grade level.
- The Global Marathon: At any and all times during a 24-hour period a "conversation will take place somewhere in the world on issues for, by and about women in engineering and technology. The marathon is a combination of live internet chats, webcasts, teleconferences, and prerecorded sessions, and all are accessible to a worldwide audience. To learn more and view a video overview of the Global Marathon, visit http://www.globalmarathon.net.
Get involved and start planning your eWeek activity today! And don't forget to announce all of your outreach on SWE Outreach Calendar.